Practice Areas

H1B Visas

San Jose, California H1B Visa Attorney

Non-immigration business visa requests are a frequent immigration request by citizens of a foreign country desiring to enter the United States to work. One of the most common non-immigration business visa requests is for the H1B visa. If you would like information about H1B visas, please contact immigration attorney Marcine Seid.

An H1B visa is a specialty occupation visa issued to foreign citizens who will be temporarily employed in a specialty occupation. The H1B work visa requires sponsorship from a U.S. employer. Initially, H1B visas are typically granted for a period of 3 years with an opportunity to extend the duration to 6 years. There are some legal methods to extend the H1B visa past the 6 year limit - contact Ms. Seid for more information.

H1B Visa Availability

The number of available H1B visas are set by the government. Unfortunately, the number of available H1B visas have decreased in recent years. That is why it is important for employers and employees to consult California H1B visa attorney Marcine Seid to determine their options.

Ms. Seid has over 10 years of experience, and is well versed in immigration laws, having authored numerous articles and frequently speaking for the American Immigration Lawyers Association's many local, regional, and national conferences. In addition, she has vast experience with the US Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS). For more information regarding Ms. Seid's credentials, please visit our Firm Overview or her attorney profile.

Your H1B Visa Options

Your H1B visa options depend on whether you are a current H1B visa holder or a first time applicant to receive an H1B visa.

If you are currently an H1B visa holder, we can assist you in applying for an extension, or examine the possibility of adjusting your status from a non-immigrant visa to an immigrant visa (from H1B to PERM or a "green card").

If you are seeking to apply for an H1B visa, we can discuss your particular situation and help you determine if their are any alternative visas available that may increase the likelihood of immigrating to the United States to work or conduct business.

Discuss your Visa Needs with a Leading U.S. Immigration Attorney:
Call (408) 271-9888

Proudly serving individuals and employers in the Bay Area of California, including San Jose, Fremont, Sunnyvale, Silicon Valley, Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco, Campbell, Cupertino, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Santa Cruz, Contra Costa, Alameda, Morgan Hill, Gilroy, Los Altos, San Mateo, and Santa Clara County.

 Se Habla Español!  Fluent in Mandarin Chinese