408 271 9888
ABOUT SEID LAW GROUP
950 Industrial Avenue
Palo Alto, California 94303
Phone & Fax: 408-271-9888
San Jose, California U.S. Immigration Attorney
Naturalization is the process by which U.S. citizenship is conferred upon a permanent resident or green card holder. If you need assistance in the naturalization process contact U.S. Immigration attorney Marcine Seid. We can help you through the naturalization process to become a U.S. citizen as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
The requirements for naturalization are as follows:
• A period of continuous residence in the United States
• The ability to read, write, and speak English
• A knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and government;
• Good moral character
• Adherence to the principles of the U.S. Constitution
• A favorable disposition toward the United States.
In addition to naturalization, a person may be entitled to citizenship:
• By being born in United States.
• By having citizenship transmitted to them by a parent (called "acquired citizenship")
• Through the naturalization of their parent (called derivative citizenship).
Recent changes in immigration law and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration (CIS) process now make it easier for people serving in the U.S. military to become citizens.
Once you become a U.S. citizen, you can live and work permanently in the United States, vote in U.S. elections, serve on juries, and hold a U.S. passport. As a U.S. citizen, you can also sponsor your spouse, unmarried children under age 21, and parents as immediate relatives.