Employment-Based Immigration EB-1

Applying for permanent residency is an involved and complicated process. Our law firm can assist you or your business to determine which employment-based immigration visa type is suitable for you and/or your employees and prepare all of the necessary legal documents along with supporting evidence for submission to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).


We assist clients with the following employment-based immigration visas to obtain Permanent Resident Status:


EB-1(A) Extraordinary Ability

The EB-1(A) classification is used by foreign nationals who have extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim. This classification is awarded to a small percentage of individuals who have risen to the very top of their profession. Individuals can self-petition for the EB1(A) category.


EB-1(B) Outstanding Professors or Researcher

The EB1(B) classification is used by outstanding professors or researchers with at least three years of experience teaching or researching and who are internationally recognized as outstanding in their academic field. An immigrant visa petition for this classification must be filed by a qualified U.S. employer.


EB-1(C) Multinational Executive or Manager

The EB1(C) classification are for individuals who, in the three years preceding the filing of the case, have been employed in an executive or managerial capacity for at least one year by a multinational company; and, who seek to enter the United States to continue to render services to the same employer, or to a subsidiary or affiliate, in a capacity that is managerial or executive.

Employment-Based Immigration EB-2


EB-2 National Interest Waiver

This category is for individuals who have exceptional ability that will substantially benefit the national economy, cultural or educational interests, or welfare of the United States. A job offer by an employer is not required so foreign nationals can self-petition.


EB-2 Advanced Degree Professionals

An individual who is a member of the professions holding an advanced degree or possessing exceptional ability in the arts, sciences or business. Individuals with a U.S. Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent and five years of progressive professional experience may qualify as advanced degree holders. In most cases, EB-2 immigrants must have a job offer and the employer must complete the PERM Labor Certification application process on their behalf.


[link to PERM Labor Certification page]

EB-3 – Professional / Skilled Worker


• Professionals who hold a U.S. baccalaureate degree or foreign-equivalent degree. Experience may not be substituted for the degree.

• Skilled Workers are those performing skilled labor that requires at least two years of training or experience.


The Employer must file a PERM Labor Certification for both EB-3 Professionals and Skilled Workers.


[link to PERM Labor Certification page]


EB-4 Special Immigrant Visas – Ministers and

Religious Workers


The EB4 category is reserved for Ministers and Religious Workers who have been a member of a religious denomination having a “bonafide” religious organization presence in the United States for at least two years immediately prior to the time of filing the immigrant petition. Additionally, the Minister or Religious Worker must be coming to the United States solely carry on the work of a minister or other religious worker.

EB-5 Immigrant Entrepreneur Investor


The EB-5 category are for individuals who invest $1,000,000 (or, under certain circumstances, $500,000) in a new commercial enterprise that creates at least 10 full-time jobs for U.S. citizens or authorized immigrant workers.